Thank you to our Crossroads sponsor:
Kenaston Mayor and Council:
Greetings from the Village of Kenaston The Village of Kenaston is looking forward to more daylight and hope the moderate temperatures continue, as it has been a very enjoyable winter.
A couple of interesting notes to pass your way:
- Due to an increase from Loraas Disposal garbage and recycling costs will mildly increase the water/garbage and sewer bill starting in the next billing cycle;
- Village Council and Administration has made application to take advantage of the Federal and Provincial Funding Grant (if approved) to cost share improvements to the water and sewer facilities for the Village of Kenaston;
- Preparations are being made for the dredging that will take place this spring;
- SUMA is held in Saskatoon this year in February, representatives will be attending representing our Village;
- Get ready to log your activity as the Go Out and Play Challenge through Saskatchewan In Motion is coming soon.
On behalf of the Village of Kenaston Mayor and Council
Kenaston Welcomes a New Business
Gift basket to be presented by Kenaston Chamber.
Dustin Larson, and Chamber President - Tim Holder
Kenaston School Clubs & Extra Curricular Activities
If every student at Kenaston School chose to engage in even three different extracurricular activities.. well, they'd have some big choices to make. At our school, there are more than 30 different opportunities for them to engage in sporting, creative and leadership activities outside of the classroom.
Thanks to the exceptional commitment and time dedicated by both DLC and Kenaston School staff, our students have more choice than most kids across the province, particularly those in small, rural schools. And these activities are not small undertakings; in addition to weekly practice, there is the coordination of tournaments, reffing, and food prep. In the case of non-sporting events, someone needs to plan events, promote and sell tickets, set up and take down the gym, sometimes coordinate student travel. The list is long and exhausting and yet our team continues to make it happen:
- Sr. Girls Volleyball - Amy Jamieson, Kurtis Heath
- Jr. Jr Volleyball - Tammy Owen
- Sr. Girls Basketball - Gene Zdunich, Jenna Zdunich, Paula Evans
- Sr. Girls Soccer - Kayla Osika, Nathan Ruten
- Sr. Boys Football - Greg McJannet, John Jamieson
- Jr. Girls Basketball - Jenna Zdunich, Nikki Francoeur
- Jr. Girls Volleyball - Cindy Menzies, Evan Pasternak
- Jr. Boys Basketball - Sheldon Modien, Dan Marsh, Rebecca Farrell
- Jr. Jr Basketball - Rebecca Farrell
- Jr. Badminton - Lee Genereux
- Jr. & Sr. Track and Field - Dan Weber, Jaimes Weber, Pat Telfer, Phil Guebert, Dan Marsh, Nathan Ruten
- Cross Country - Jaimes and Dan Weber
- Golf - Dan Marsh • Elementary Intramurals - Rebecca Farrell, Nikki Francoeur, Shannon Libke
Other Clubs/ Extra Curricular Activities
- SLT - Shannon Libke, Kristen Sampson, Norma Yelich
- Ski Trip - Dan Weber, Rebecca Farrell, Amy Jamesion, Phil Guebert
- Yearbook - Greg McJannet, Shannon Libke
- Grad - Rebecca Farrell, Amy Jameison
- Music - Nathan Herrem • Town Clean up - Darlene Remmen
- Breakfast Program - Tammy Owen
- Tournament Committee - Jody Polowick, Kristen Sampson
- Craft Club - Allison de Hoop • Drama Club - Cindy Menzies, Lee Genereux, Jesse Miller
- Hand Bell Choir - Allison de Hoop
- Photography Club - Todd McLauchlin, Michelle Lee-Klassen, Paul Stinson
- Circus Club - Paul Lehmkuhl, Sheldon Modien
- We Day - Kristen Sampson
- World Class Tour - Shannon Libke
- Christmas Dinner/Concert - Shannon Libke
In addition, there is a team of staff that coordinate events such as Terry Fox Day, pep rallies, holiday celebrations and decorating, breakfast club and our annual school awards, to name a few.
On behalf of all families in our community, we wanted to extend a huge thank you to everyone who stays after hours volunteering their time to create these opportunities for our kids. They may be too young to know how lucky they are, but we do.
Sincerely, Kenaston SCC
Christmas Gala - Thank Yous:
Thanks to Bryan Guilmette, Jen Millsap, Dean Blenkinsop, Jon Zdunich, Butch Millsap, and Lori Gasper for volunteering their time to painting the Kenaston Rink change rooms, entrance, and walls. They were in rough shape, so thank you for taking the initiative, and time to keep our rec facilities looking the best they can!
Thanks to everyone that attended, supported, bought tickets, donated, volunteered and sponsored the event!!! So many fabulous people and businesses to thank!! Heather Louise Dahms Mills, Reagan Cline-Prpich, Vickie Holder, Theresa Owen, Jen Millsap, Rachel Kroeger, Chance Kroeger, Bryan Guilmette, Lori Gasper, Marla Richey, Joni Westman Zdunich, Reg Zdunich, Elizabeth Zdunich, Tara Rink, Tara George, Michelle Ringdal, Cindy Menzies, Sue Mills, Gene Pavelich, Brayden Fowler, Carman Fowler, Julia Martin, Julie Lowdermilk, Leah Pople, Janelle Englesman, Josh Kerpan, Cory Ouellette, Carla Chomyshen, Amanda Larson, Lannah Betnesky-Matovich, Florence Greke, Ivana Yelich, Dean Blenkinsop and Deanna Modien!!!
Thank you Arlo and Dee Guy, Hoffman and Holder Insurance, FWS, Avon Shirley Hartman, Kenaston Co-op, Kenaston Super Draft, Lutz Electric, and MP Tom Lukiwski for sponsoring the 2016 Christmas Gala! Thank you to the kids at Kenaston School for setting up the chairs and tables! Numerous amazing donations were made to the auction from generous and talented community members! These donations raised a significant amount of profit from generous bidders! Sally Siroski donated 3 amazing cakes, which each went for $150.00, a steak supper for $300.00, and a baking tray for $110! She definitely brought in the most money for our silent auction! All the profit from the evening will go towards the maintenance and operation of the pool, rink and hall.
“Like” Our Facebook Page as an easy ways to stay up-to-date on community happenings or important announcements.
To have your community content added to our FB page contact Theresa Owen, Glen Pavelich or Susan Anholt OR 'message' from the Kenaston Community FB page.
Don’t just hang a poster:
Your announcements and notices can also be added to kenaston.ca so be sure to send them in. Posting on the webpage gives longer durability to your notice than Facebook since facebook posts disappear down the feed. If you have an event be sure to contact Glen or Susan to have your event posted on the Kenaston website, newsletter, and community calendar.
Our website is used by a wide sector of the community who also use kenaston.ca as their default browser page. Therefore this, the newsletter, and the Kenaston FB page are main communication tools and we invite you to take advantage of them.
The Kenaston website and Crossroads Newsletter are device-friendly.
Contributing to the Crossroads:As space allows and content deemed appropriate, community members are welcomed and encouraged to contribute information or suggestions for articles to the Crossroads. Send your suggestion and contributions to Glen: 252-2711. Issue are published every 2 months. (Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct, Dec)
Alternate Phone Directory:
A reminder to keep your information on the alternate phone directory listing updated. See the on-line form
Also if you have changed your email please send the update for newsletter distribution to Glen Pavelich
Be sure to check out the on-line Kenaston Business Directory for a complete list of Kenaston businesses. We like to keep this list updated as much as possible. Contact Glen if you would like your commercial or home business information added. Services are listed separately.
Sponsoring the Crossroads:
To co-sponsor an issue the cost is $40, sponsoring in full is $80. You can have your name placed on our rotational sequence for sponsoring. Contact Susan Anholt.
Sign up to receive the Kenaston Crossroads from the "Newsletter" page on the kenaston.ca website. Our growing list of email addresses helps us reach more of the rural and village residents who do not receive the printed copy of newsletter AND those who block fliers from their post box. We are hoping to continue with this expanded email list so the Crossroads and other important notices can be sent to more homes over the internet.
Kenaston Chamber Meetings:
Kenaston Chamber meets the 4th Monday of the month, for a one hour lunch meeting, at the Kenaston Hotel. Everyone is welcome to attend and to join the Chamber. Membership is $25. a year. Lunch is pay for your own from the menu. Come see what it's about!
Group Insurance for your Business and Farm Employees:
Special Program for farmers! If you operate a farm, large or small, look into the Group Insurance plan for employee benefits. Benefit programs help to retain employees.
Go to http://www.kenaston.ca/pages/chamber.htm and click the easy icon to request a quote.
Put your Kenaston Business on the new FaceBook Page:
This FB page is a great place to let others know of your new, home or small business, and to advertise your specials or let others know of your products. Click here and do a like!!