Village Residential Services
- High Speed Internet
- Cable Television
- Water & Sewage Rates:
Water $135.00 for 3 months for 60 m3 and 0.30 for each cubic meter after that.
Sewer $66.00 for 3 months
Waste $57.00 for 3 months.
Total of $86.00 per month.
Pickup: Monday AM. - Alternating weeks.
$19.00 per month.
- Loraas Recycling Pickup - Monday AM - Alternate weeks
Loraas Bulk Disposal Bins located beside the Water Treatment Plant
- Usage: $5.00 per use.
- ½ bin $17.50
- Full bin $35.00
- These bins are for village taxpayers
- RM Loraas Bins: Located beside the RM Facility across from Kenaston Place. These bins are for RM rate payers only.
- Dump: Large Loraas bin for oversized items.
The Village of Kenaston Dump
November 4 and 18
December 2, 16 and 30
January 13 and 27
February 10 and 24
March 10 and 24
- November to March - by appointment by calling Dave at 252-2047
Please watch the website for any updates to hours at the dump or contact the Village office at 306-252-2211.
- $10.00 per use
- or $25.00 per truckload.
- There is no longer an option to pick up a key at the office.
- Note: The Village nuisance ground is available for village residents
to use for trees and leaves and any metal items at no cost.
The red bin is used for any other items at a cost of $25.00 per truck load. People will be invoiced after they have used the bin.
- SARCAN RECYCLING 306-567-4708
- Recycle pick-up will be alternate weeks
to regular garbage pick-up.
Prohibited Garbage Dumping
Garbage bags have been left in front of the Kenaston Arena garbage bin. THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC GARBAGE. It is for rink use only as the Kenaston Community Recreation Board pays for the use of the bin.
If anyone is noticed dumping garbage by this bin, they may be fined by the RCMP for littering.
- The blue and red bins by the school and pool are for the school and pool only as they pay for the usage of them.
- The red bin at rink is used by the campground in summer and the rink in winter only.
- Several businesses have their own designated bins and they pay for the usage of them. Two are located between the hall and hotel, one at the cafe, one at PetroCanada and one at school, etc.
- Residents are not permitted to use these privately rented bins and should understand that there is a cost incurred by the businesses who rent them every time they are dumped.
- These private bins are usually locked. Do not leave your disposal items beside them. When this occurs the Village has to have the items hauled to the dump and must pay the fee. Abuse of these regulations will not be tolerated.
An example of improper disposal.
These items were left beside the Dump Loraas Bin. The owners should have paid the disposal fee to Village Office.